Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Where is Tinian?

“How I wish that somewhere there existed an island for those who are wise and of good will.” -- Albert Einstein

View of Tinian from the west.

I always thought Tinian was like a window from which I could gaze out upon the world, but close it whenever I wanted solitude and to live idyllically, separated from the noise, pollution and confusion of the world. The temperate climate, the good-naturedness of the locals, the pristine scenery all make me think this is where people refer to when they exclaim, "I am going to retire on a beautiful island in the Pacific someday!"


The Northern Mariana Islands are located near the Marianas Trench in the western Pacific Ocean.

There's much more to Tinian. It rejuvenates you and makes you appreciate the little things in life (like family, friends, the environment), and that in turn makes you care for what happens to you, your family, the environment, and on and on. In other words, living on this beautiful island makes me feel that there is a God out there who loves me so much that He created a little place in this world just for me.

No comments: